Tuesday 5 January 2016

English - Easy Comparatives - older, taller, heavier



Today's video is about English Comparatives.

Lucy and Clare are two English women. Today we compare them. But also, you can compare yourself to them too!

Are you taller than Lucy? Are you older than Clare? Are you heavier than Lucy? Watch and find out.



在今天的影片, 我們比較 Clare 和 Lucy . 她們是兩個英國女生. 你也可以比較呢跟她們. 你比Lucy老嗎?你比Clare高嗎?你比Lucy重嗎? 觀看與發現!





Here's the script for the Video;

Hello from North Street, England.
Today, we’re going to look at comparatives.  
This is when we compare two things or people together. 
Today, we’re going to compare Lucy with Clare.
They’re two women, who live on the same street, North Street. 
We’re going look at younger, and older
Younger, older
taller;  Look at Lucy, she’s getting taller and taller.
shorter;  and now, she’s getting shorter and shorter.
heavier, look at this man, he’s getting heavier and heavier.
lighter, and now, he’s getting lighter and lighter.
So; older, younger, taller, shorter, heavier and lighter.  We’re going to find out more about Lucy and Clare.  And about you! 
So come on, let’s compare them!
Who’s older, Lucy or Clare?
Clare’s older. 
How much older is Clare?
She’s 11 years older.
Is Clare a little bit or a lot older than Lucy?
She’s a lot older. Though some people might say she’s a bit older.
Whilst we can say that Clare’s older than Lucy.  We can also say that Lucy’s younger than Clare. 
Are you older or younger than Lucy?
Possible answers
Basic
I’m younger.
I’m older.
I’m the same age as her.
More elaborate answers
I’m much older than her, I’m old enough to be her granddad.
I’m 45, which makes me a lot older than her.
I’m only two years older than her.  There’s not much difference in our age.
Can you believe it!  We are both 22.
I’m the exact same age as her.
I’m a bit younger than her.  I’m only 19.
I’m a lot younger than her.  10 years younger to be precise.
Height
Look at Lucy and Clare.
Lucy’s 1.63 m tall.
Clare’s 1.56 m tall. 
We can also use centimetres, for example, Lucy’s 163 cms tall.
Who’s taller, Lucy or Clare?
Lucy’s taller.
How much taller is she?
She’s seven cms taller.
Lucy’s 7 cms taller than Clare.  Is she a lot taller or a little bit taller than Clare?
She’s a little bit taller. 
Whilst we can say that Lucy’s taller than Clare.  We can also say that Clare’s shorter than Lucy. 
Are you taller or shorter than Clare?
Possible answers
Basic
I’m taller.
I’m short.
I’m the same height as her.
More elaborate answers
I’m much taller than her, in fact, I’m twice as tall as her.  I’m 2.12 m tall.
I’m 1.95 m tall, it would hurt my neck to tall to her.
I’m only 1.58 m tall, so I’m just a bit taller than her.  There’s not much difference between us.
We’re both the perfect height – 1.56 m!
I’m the exact same height as her.
I’m a bit shorter than her.  I’m only 1.51 m tall.
I’m 40 cms shorter than her.  But I’m only 10, so I have plenty of time to catch up.
Weight’s every woman favourite subject!
Let’s see how heavy Lucy and Clare are.
When it comes to weight.  Lucy’s 55 KGs and Clare’s 57 KGs.  They’re almost the same weight but there’s a small difference. 
Who’s heavier?
Clare’s heavier.
How much heavier is she?
She’s two KGs heavier.
Is Clare a lot or a little bit heavier than Lucy?
She’s a little bit heavier than her but there’s not much in it, only two KGs.
Whilst we can say that Clare’s heavier than Lucy.  We can also say that Lucy’s lighter than Clare. 
Are you heavier or lighter than Lucy?
Possible answers
Basic
I’m heavier.
I’m lighter.
I’m the same weight as her.
More elaborate answers
I’m much, much heavier than her.  I’m 220 KGs, which makes me four times heavier than her.
I’m twice her weight!  I’m really jealous of that skinny girl.
I’m 85 KGs, so I’m quite a bit heavier than her.
We’re both the perfect weight – 55 KGs!
I’m the exact same weight as her.  Can you believe that!
I’m a bit lighter than her.  I’m only 49 KG.
I’m 20 KG lighter than her.  I’m a really skinny.  People say I’m just skin and bones.
Last thing! How can you compare yourself with this woman.  Put your answers in the comments below.
She’s;
24 years old.
1.69 m tall.
58 KG.
Also think happier, sadder, more serious, more strict, lovelier, more beautiful. 
Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment